Friday, May 25, 2012

Easter egg nails

Months late as per my usual in blogging, here are the dress and manicure I wore for Easter!
This is a model, not me, in case that wasn't clear xD
Clicking on this image will take you to the item listing at Forever21.com
I fell in love with the Geo Cutout Dress from Forever 21 online, and found it at a nearby F21, where I discovered it was a bit more purple-toned in person - and kind of flimsy, too. The fabric also had the worst static cling I've encountered in quite some time, so for the first time in about a decade, I had to wear a half-slip ^_^

It was worth the slight hassle to me, because it's such a fantastic, cheerful-looking and modern dress. Very different from the floral dresses I've worn for the last few Easters! And because I love to mix bright colors with other bright colors (I did, however, wear neutral-toned shoes - the ones from this post, which were incredibly painful), here is how I painted my nails that week:
Easter manicure 2012
Pastel hues like sugared almonds (which I happen to love), topped with scattered glitter. The colors I used were Essence What Do U Think? (orange), Catrice Sold Out For Ever (green), and Blane from Nostalgic Nail Lacquer (purple), with one coat of Revlon Whimsical (baby pink and blue glitter in a sheer milky blue base) over the green and orange.
Nostalgic nail lacquer Blane
Blane is a beautiful semi-sheer violet with large and small cobalt blue hexes and small silver glitter, and it has a wonderful formula - very easy to apply and layer until you have the desired coverage. If you'd rather not apply multiple layers of it, piCture pOlish Wisteria makes a perfect base color for Blane!
Close-up of Blane
This is the closest I could get to accurately capturing the color with my silly camera. It reminds me very much of Yoplait blueberry yogurt, and for some reason this pleases me ^_^ Blane cost me $9 and $3 shipping, which is more than I would normally spend on a nail polish (up til then, anyway), but it is one of the best and prettiest indie nail polishes I own. No regrets!

I have amassed quite the collection of indie and hard-to-find or highly coveted nail polishes this year. At some point I may do a post about my nail polish collection, but until then I'll just keep showing them off as I wear them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...